Folks, we’re going to start adding recipes to this blog and we thought this was a good one to kick it off with…
I love cheese in any form or fashion, especially when you’re baking a dish and a little of it drips over the edge and crisps up. That’s where the inspiration for this recipe came from. It’s great for an appetizer or quick snack with a little bite. I recommend you make a lot of these little fellers, ’cause they’ll disappear in a hurry!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Makes about 24 crisps
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
½ (4-ounce) can green chiles
Hot sauce (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 3500 F. Place a piece of parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the cheddar and Parmesan cheeses. Slowly toss in the green chiles.
3. Scoop a heaping teaspoonful of the cheese mixture and drop onto the paper and lightly pat down the center. Repeat using the remaining cheese. Add a drop or two of hot sauce to each cheese mound, if desired.
4. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes until the outside edges become dark brown. You can error on the side of cooking these a little longer, because they will become crispier.
5. Remove the paper from the pan and place on a cool countertop. Allow the crisps to cool completely before removing from the paper. Serve.