Even though it doesn’t have fins, fur or feathers, these peaches grill up as good as anything. I love throwing some fruit on the grill, and when you add a sweet glaze made with Jack Daniels in the mix – it’s sure hard to beat. The glaze caramelizes a tad and blends well with the sweetness of the peach. When you top this with ice cream of Cool Whip – you’ll have to fight them off the grill.
Also check out the how-to video below.
prep time: 4 minutes
total time: 12 minutes
makes 6 servings
1/2 stick butter, melted
1/3 cup honey
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons Jack Daniels Whiskey
Ice cream or Cool Whip for serving
1. Cut the peaches in half and slightly hollow out the cores for the ice cream or Cool Whip to sit. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, whisk together the butter, honey, cinnamon and Jack Daniels.
3. Place the saucepan on the grill and whisk frequently until the glaze warms slightly.
4. Place the peaches, pit side down onto a hot and greased grill. Grill the peaches over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until the peaches begin to soften slightly.
5. Lift the peaches off the grill and baste the pit side with the glaze and continue cooking the peaches an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until the peaches are tender. Be sure to baste the peaches at least 2 more times while they continue to cook.
6. Remove the peaches from the grill and place a scoop of ice cream or Cool Whip on top. Drizzle with a little more of the glaze and serve immediately.
Tip: Be careful not to cook the peaches too long after glazing or they may burn.
Check out the video….